Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A Girl Named Disaster by Nancy Farmer (reviewed by Anna Wermer)

This book was great. The story is simple but broke down into more complicated parts. It's a story of a 12 year old that is working her way into womanhood, so every preteen can relate. It's a foreign book about tribes and old beliefs that put you into someone else's shoes. A Girl Named Disaster is full of adventure and laughs. There were intense parts that kept me reading. I didn't want to put the book down. I liked the book because it was an interesting topic that I could somewhat relate to, but there were boring parts that went on and on. Also, since it was about being in a tribe and there were different beliefs, it was confusing and sometimes hard to relate to how the characters are feeling or thinking. I would still recommend the book to preteen girls.

--
Thanks, Anna for another great review!

Click here to check our catalog to see if A Girl Named Disaster is on the shelves.